Too much time has passed. Though still young, I already feel old at my age. Why do things have to turn out this way? What have I done to merit this kind of life I’m leading now? I am supposed to be happy and content with the things I have achieved. Yet, there is a certain inkling in my heart telling me that I am supposed to be someplace else and that I have something yet to do which will prove the worth of my existence. I have lost my self-worth in the midst of my journey. Regaining it back is going to be a slow process. I have to retrace the path I’ve walked upon and find the inner child obscured within. The sky is overcast and gloomy. It is the season of the northwest monsoon. The seas at this time of the year in the Western Pacific are bound to be rough and treacherous as the waters are being churned by deep-sea currents underneath. It did not take long before the boarding was announced for the 24-knot catamaran which will be traversing across an open sea towards m...
the age of wonders is about to end, a generation has come to pass... the demise of the great hero of Amanduen was met by an overcast sky, there was no breeze or gush of wind that could break the stillness of the moment that has unfolded. only the soulful mourning and the muted tears of those who have come to know the greatness of a man whose has become synonymous with courage and defiance rupture the quiescence of the occasion. amidst the pending rain, a lone black raven flew above on the sky on which a few moments ago, the battle between the elements of good and evil was in full swing. after circling high then low, it landed on where Janagdan's body was buried on a patch of green on a hill beside the sea... comes with the passing of a great man, the heart may be unsettled, but soon it will heal and harden to become impenetrable so that no wind or rain can dampen the spirits of a race called the "Pintados"
The musings of a young mind eager to venture out into an unforgiving and hostile world, I could still reminisce those nights spent on a tree house wide-eyed while gazing at a clear night sky mesmerized by the twinkling stars on a celestial firmament so vast it's difficult to imagine how I would fit in all of it. Looking at the past wondering what the future holds. During those nights of summer, it was my father who accompanies me as he tries to make sense of the life we had towards that future he envisions us to have. With the barrier that was time, I could only look and wonder what the stars have in store for me. In my mind, I can hear my father asking me as to how many stars I can see. I would try to count but along the way lose track so I would start counting once more to fail again and again. Sensing my frustration, he would remind me that my effort is not lost to waste for it is improbable to know exactly for that is just the way things are supposed to be. Not all questi...
Comments